Tuesday, September 10, 2013

scabs

hey everybody!
two posts in a month?! i must have so much time on my hands... :) just kidding, i have something to share with you all that couldn't wait.

do you know why you get scabs?

*nerd alert* scabs form on your body over an injury so the inside can heal first.  the scab is basically a protective covering so healing can take place from the inside out, rather than healing the skin and leaving a wound inside.  this could cause an infection anyways. so our bodies work really well (it is because they have a wondrous Creator), but today i would like you to know that scabs are not just physical.

think about the last time you've been hurt, not physically, but emotionally or mentally, or however. (don't dwell on it too long, just long enough to remember the feeling) just like in our bodies God's wonderful creative ability shines through as our wounds heal from the inside to the outside creating a completely fixed area, His creativity in spiritual healing is just as amazing.  the last time you were hurt, it probably took awhile for the hurt to heal, you perhaps were really touchy around specific subjects for awhile.  first, the physical pain of the hurt probably went away, although you probably still thought about it frequently.  next, your thought frequency on the subject diminished.  then when people talked about subjects relating to the hurt, you didn't react, and lastly, one day, the hurt was gone, leaving a faint scar, barely noticeable that just reminded you that you survived.  through the whole thing, there was a level of protection and extra comfort available from our Father, the scab.

was it a fun process? of course not, but now you are a survivor, stronger on the inside AND the outside due to the wonderful formation of that scab.

stay strong friends! remember, God created scabs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVDhUlUX88 ***listen to this for further encouragement***

smiles, hugs, and laughter :)

p.s. scaB -- the 'b' stands for broken; scaR -- the 'r' stands for repaired :)

2 comments:

  1. This time I really did cry... a single tear ran down my cheek! I also LOVE the B=broken and R=repaired! Only God has the power and strength to heal something that is broken, without His touch we would be a mess. I do have to say that when I think about the "scars" I have they help me to remember what God has gotten me through and to think about how it has made me a stronger person. So really I'd like to say thank God for scabs AND scars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Tori! I don't know what to say except I think God has gifted you with these words and thoughts. Very cool analogy! Keep writing, I might actually start being a blog follower ;)
    Love, Your Other Mum

    ReplyDelete